Tank infested with *insert expletive* ICH!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

( 8 ) eiGhtBaLL

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
All my fish have Ich BAD.

:'(

I've already lost 4 Neon Tetra's... And others are swimming upside down and looking very very ill...

My clown loaches have white spots all over them, and I don't know whether my Bristlenose has any, cos it's got white spots on it normally :S

I'm screwed. My parent's are luckily paying for this hobby, but I still don't want to kill animals...

I've given it some medicine, as it's the only thing I can think of doing.

Any brainwaves?

8ball, read Allivymar's ich article. It really works and it's cheap - you need only aquarium salt and some extra electricity for your heater!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=32

Be real careful with the medications with the loaches - they are very sensitive to them since they don't have scales.

BTW, what medication are you using and how are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)?

Your neons may have something called neon tetra disease. Lots of people have problems keeping neons alive because of this. Swimming upside down is indicative of a swim bladder infection - also related to neon tetra disease. The neons may not be saveable - maybe someone else has some ideas.

Oh maaan. That's horrible! It must be ich season for loaches. I was going to pick up a couple for my tank last week, but I ended up only window shopping at the lfs. I went back to get the loaches a couple days ago and the entire tank they had (about 15 fishes - about 7 loaches mixed up with some other fish) ALL had serious ICH! BLAH!

Good luck! I hope they all pull through for you!

Back
Top Bottom