Tank troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon tank in my dorm room and I can not get not get it to the correct parameters no matter what I do. I had high nitrates and could not get them down so I did a full water change. Checked the parameters after. They were acceptable. Now my levels are all high. I have been feeding them once a day and barely a pinch of food.

What testing kit are you using?

What are your ammonia / nitrIte levels?

Did you cycle the tank before putting fish in?

How many / what types of fish are in the tank?

Do you remove the chlorine from the water you're doing the water changes with or use RO or RO/DI water?

I am using the API master test kit. Right now there are only 2 cories 1 Molly 1 bnp (yes I know it needs a bigger tank. I have a 55 for it when it gets a little bigger) and 1 that I think is a tetra. Not sure which kind.

Yes I did cycle the tank before adding any fish.

I used bottled spring water for the tank.

Could be part of the source of your problem. Bottled Spring Water may have high nutrient levels, as it is not the same as RO or Distilled water. Have you tried testing the nutrient levels in the water prior to adding it to the tank?

No I have not tried testing it beforehand. I was using distilled water before but try didn't have enough when I went to get water for the full water change.

Back
Top Bottom