tiger barb swimming irregularly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtorbe20

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am new to this forum and hoping someone could help me with a problem. I have introduced four tiger barbs to my 15 gal tank (ill move them to my 40 gal soon before they mature) which has two mollies, two glofish, a dwarf gourami, and a algae eater shark. Recently one of the barbs would float at the top of the tank vertical with his head pointed at the gravel. I have seen similar behavior when I lost a swordtail to what I believe to be a bladder problem. My ph and nitrate levels are normal. I did a 20% water change today and he seems to be swimming more normally but I was wondering if there is somethig I should be worrying about. Thanks in advance!

this is OT,but what kind of shark?i dont think there are any sharks that can go in a 15 gallon tank.

I forget what he's called. He's a dark grey with orange/ red fins but the store I got him from says they grow slow and not that big, besides if he does outgrow my 15 I can always move him to my 40. Any idea what the barb is doing? I read elsewhere on here that it may just be a camoflouging teqnique but that doesn't sound right. Its a pretty abnormal swimming pattern.

Back
Top Bottom