Treating ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iowaguy27

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thanks that's what I thought it was. What's is the best way to treat it? I got this awhile ago but never have really been success full at treating rich the very few times I've had it. I am a little upset that the store sold me these won't be going there again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1390179889611.jpg
    1390179889611.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 1390179902680.jpg
    1390179902680.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 52
Thanks that's what I thought it was. What's is the best way to treat it? I got this awhile ago but never have really been success full at treating rich the very few times I've had it. I am a little upset that the store sold me these won't be going there again.

I came across this website the other day. Under organic treatments it does have some useful information on I think your product.

Otherwise heat +/- salt will work. I'm currently using an ich product for the tank. This worked but I only did a week (long story) and now re-doing the tank for two weeks this time.

Aquarium Ich Disease | Ichthyophthirius Multifilis & Cryptocaryon

I second the heat recommendation. Most ich medications contain some pretty nasty stuff and can be really hard on the fish.

Definitely salt and heat route, what fish is that in the pic? I can't tell. If you have any scaleless fish in the tank like plecos or loaches be very careful with the salt. Only do half a dose, scaleless fish do not take well to salt at all.

They are scaleless. I have two channel catfish one blue and one albino both about 2 inches long

Back
Top Bottom