Unexplained death?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
This morning when I checked on my tank, my favorite guppy had died! He didn't have ich and none of my other fish bullied him and last time I checked (3 days ago) my water parameters were all fine.

I think his tail got stuck in the filter? Because it looked all shredded this morning and he was stuck where the water comes into it. He didn't look dis colored either, so it must have been recent!

Here's a pic, sorry about crappy iPhone quality.

image-2243828807.jpg

Maybe it was just old and died if you haven't had any problems with any other fish and have seen no problems with disease

If it was stuck in the filter it would still be stuck in now wouldn't it? Maybe it was where it was rotting
Fish mostly don't die when losing back fins as they grow

You have to be patient! :)
This is a busy forum some one will reach u eventually like me

I've never heard of a filter shedding a fishes tail, I suspect another fish has had a go at him.

Maybe it was just old and died if you haven't had any problems with any other fish and have seen no problems with disease

If it was stuck in the filter it would still be stuck in now wouldn't it? Maybe it was where it was rotting
Fish mostly don't die when losing back fins as they grow

You have to be patient! :)
This is a busy forum some one will reach u eventually like me

Thanks for replying, and I pulled him out and all I noticed was that his tail was shredded. And ok maybe that's why!

I've never heard of a filter shedding a fishes tail, I suspect another fish has had a go at him.

They only fish I could think of that is semi aggressive is my black skit tetra. And he's just nippy

Back
Top Bottom