Weird Betta behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

massiveattack

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had him for 4 months, always been perfectly healthy, and still is. His colors are bright, his fins are always fanned out, but within the last week he's been refusing to eat. I've always fed him the same food, Hikari Betta Bio-Gold small pellets and he's finished more than half of the original package already. He'd swallow it for a few seconds, act like he's chewing it, and then spit the pellet back out whole. He's never tasted any other type of food which really makes me wonder. Some help?

Hi and welcome to Aquarium Advice!

Try varying your betta's diet a little. My bettas like the Bio-Gold too, but I also feed them Hikari freeze-dried bloodworms and daphnia. They like the pellets, but go crazy for the bloodworms!

Occassionally they get live brine shrimp as a treat -- brine shrimp should not be given more than once a week or two. But if your lfs has the brine shrimp, try getting some to see if that will get your betta interested in eating again.

You can try feeding him different types of food as suggested, but he'll get really hungry after a while and will, by default, eat whatever food is there to sustain himself.

Back
Top Bottom