What happened to my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HPIM0872.JPG

Just to let you know, the image in the first post worked.
I dont know hoe the tail could have got like that.
OUCH!!

If it can move it it's just a deformity, and it should survive like that. If it can't move it there isn't much you can do. :(

Atlarge said:
If it can move it it's just a deformity, and it should survive like that. If it can't move it there isn't much you can do. :(

It wasn't like that 3 days ago. It just appeared one day. I don't understand what could of happened. He's moving and swimming with it but not very good. He just stays towards the top of the tank and moves his fins. Actually I just looked at him and he's swimming fine just with a krinked tail.

Goodness! What other fish are in the tank? Also, what type of fish is that? I have heard of fish swimming into things and bashing their heads, perhaps he is being harassed and got backed into a corner?

There is another fish like him and a gold fish. I know that they are getting too big for their current tank. I just didn't expect something like that to happen. He seems like he's eating alright and can get around the tank so I hope he'll be alright.

solie said:
There is another fish like him and a gold fish..

That is a goldfish, it's a comet goldfish.

I think it has fish tuberculosis or 'wasting'

symptoms include -

Hollow belly.
Ragged fins.
Skin blotches.
Deformed spine.

Back
Top Bottom