Whats Up With My Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justsomedude89

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i hardly see this guy but today when i got home from work i found him/her on the glass and its stomach is very bloated it seems can any identifiy whats goin on?

P.S sorry for the crappy phone pics...

img_899035_0_6a5ecb15e2e51ac6e06671aa260ca3b7.jpg

img_899035_1_bc87beb2bafa46e1f69fd6de2010dd68.jpg

img_899035_2_d9f0a4bf01637d1b2dce6b0f2f0d888a.jpg

Sorry about your fish.

People are gonna wanna know:
Ammonia, NitrIte, NitrAte, size of tank, how long you've had the pleco, any recent additions, and other tank mates.

Moved to unhealthy fish.

Have you fed it anything new lately? The stomach isn't as worrisome as the bloated part below it is IMO. What are your parameters? What size tank? Does he seem normal otherwise? It may be bloat from constipation. First try feeding some frozen peas, nuke a couple of peas, peel and put the peas in front of him and turn out the lights and see if he will eat them.

Tank Size: 29 Gallon
Tank Mates: Cory Cats, Rainbow shark, Tiger Barbs, Another Pleco
Behavior: Normal...if anything im seeing him suck on the glass for the first time...
Feeding: Alge Waifers once a day...but have not fed yet today
Tank Params: Ammonia 0, NitrIte 0, NitrAte 0, PH 7.4, Temp 79

I agree that he may be eating too much. Try feeding it a pea it acts a laxative and will speed up the digestion.

My rubberlip pleco has "dots" on him, but they don't stand off the skin like the ones on your pleco seem to do...wish I could be of more help.

ive searched all morinin cant find anything like it...the only weird behaivor i can see is that he is non-stop swimming in place if that makes any since while my other pleco is sitting still and acting normal...

Back
Top Bottom