Whats wrong with my Electric Blue Jack Dempsey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissJess

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey in a well established tank. He's been around for a couple months. No new fish. Temps/PH levels are all where they need to be. All of my other fish are fine. No signs of sickness. Regular water changes. Tank is in good condition.

In the last 2 days he has become very lethargic at times, sinking to the bottom, laying on his side. We seperated him from the other fish just by putting him in the net & letting the net float on top of the water overnight & he seems to get better. A couple of hours after releasing him back with the other fish he goes back to near death symptoms. Put him back in the net & he self heals... ?!? Any idea on what's going on with him??

:thanks:

you know, I think he must be because nothing else makes sense.. although we've had him for a while now & haven't noticed any of our fish bullying others :ermm:

MissJess said:
you know, I think he must be because nothing else makes sense.. although we've had him for a while now & haven't noticed any of our fish bullying others :ermm:

You know he may not be healing in the net. It might be freaking him out being in there so he's built up enough energy to want to break free once he does he relaxes again. I think you have a sick fish. Any stringy white poop?

Back
Top Bottom