Whats wrong with my ram??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, tonight, i come home from work tonight to find my ram not looking so good. I had noticed the past couple days that he had some white spots developing on his face. THought it was ich...don't think so. Today, his face is more red than usual, he has a strange hump on his forhead, and his upper lip looks pursed (but maybe like he liplocked with another fish and lost). He also seems really weak, when he swims in the flow from the filter, he gets pushed down to the gravel like my floating plants do, and if he gets too close to the filter intake, he gets stuck from the suction to the tube. He also did not eat the mysis shrimp tonight. he seemed interested (swam up to the food while I was feeding them), but did not actually eat anything.

I have had him for about 6-7 months, all tank levels are normal...

so whats up?

some pics (click for larger image)

I have a few more, but I am having issues with my image hosting.

anyone? PLease guys, my fish looks like he is about to die!! He can't eat, and I have no idea what to do to help him!!

I have no idea. Hopefully, others could come up with some ideas. The hump in the forehead could be the start of Hexa, though I guess that's a real long shot.

same fish, but he got removed from that tank when you guys told me it would be a bad Idea. (because i was scared of this happening....) He is back in the 55g right now, we had to move him back in to seperate the con and fm from the sev (only tank that was big enough for both had the rams in it). The sev leaves both of them alone though, she doesn't even flare up at either of them.

Other fish in the tank are 5 austrailian rainbow fish (one of which is mean to the other rainbows, haven't seen him mess with other fish though), clown loaches, dojo loaches, a severum, a female ram, a rubberlip pleco, and a blue wood shrimp.

I can't find him tonight, I hope he makes it..his head looked like it was growing a fungs, so I dosed with pima fix before work (its all i have right now). Keeping my fingers crossed...

Does the growth he has look cottony at all? It is very hard to tell from the pics. I would if at all possible QT him and treat him separately. He isn't eating at all? I'm thinking from the description columnaris but can't be positive.

He could not eat at all. Unfortunatly, I found his body this morning. :( It was a cottony growth though. RIP little buddy...

Back
Top Bottom