aptasia or feather duster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pic

Its inside the shell and retracts

Attachments

• 539019_365587733572953_1968596550_n.jpg
    539019_365587733572953_1968596550_n.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 82
Hi neighbor, just up the road from you in South Elgin...

That looks like aiptasia to me, unfortunately. Best way I have found to get rid of it is to use SeaChem aiptasia X. Other methods can work, but Aiptasia X is only about $10-12 bucks, and comes with some nifty tools to help administer it. Just follow the directions, and it will be gone. Do it quick though, before it multiplies.

Absolutely! Great little shop. They have really come a long way on the reef side in the last 12 months. They also sell Aiptasia X :).

Love love love that place. i work entirely too close to it though, blow all of my $ there. And i will make sure not to buy any aptasia!

That frag tank he put in over last winter is phenomenal. It has been a few months since I have been in there - need to go check it out in the next few weeks as I gotta buy some food anyway.

the big infinity one? i keep seeing the pictures on their facebook page but i dont remember seeing it the other day when i was there.

Well, that zero edge tank is cool, too. It is over to the right side as you walk in the front door. But I am talking about the larger shallow frag tank on the left side of the store, with the Radeons setup over it, and all the Aussie coral in it. :) Lots of stuff from that tank is in my tank at home now :).

It's inside the shell, if that's the only one just throw the shell out. If there are more, I have always used boiled lemon juice... That has worked for me

It's inside the shell, if that's the only one just throw the shell out. If there are more, I have always used boiled lemon juice... That has worked for me

LOL that's a brilliant idea :) Just toss the shell.

If there are others, lemon juice can work. I have tried it though and IME it is not as effective as aiptasia X. I'd say I had about a 50% success rate with boiling lemon juice, vs. 100% with the seachem stuff.

I guess it probably depends on the size of the apstasia. Mine were small. And I used insulin needles to 1) stab the anemone 2) inject about 2-3 mls of lemon juice. I was aggressive in my opinion lol

I guess it probably depends on the size of the apstasia. Mine were small. And I used insulin needles to 1) stab the anemone 2) inject about 2-3 mls of lemon juice. I was aggressive in my opinion lol

Yeah, that would probably be more effective. I was just administering with a medicine dropper at the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom