Baby Sea Apple ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevelikesfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Went to view my maturing tank this morning to find a very pleasant surprise on my 3 day old LR... I think its a baby sea apple or sea cucumber of sorts, but maybe you guys can confirm for me?

Its about 10mm long and hasnt moved from the V shape its currently in. Its worth noting it travels in its V shape.. the pic shows it moving directly upwards.

TIA

Actually it looks like a type of Asterina sp starfish (or similar) that has lost a few of it's arms. Not a sea apple or cuke I think.

Cheers
Steve

Starfish (and lots of inverts) seem very good at regrowing things. I'm a little envious..

As long as the mouth of the star is in tact and the water specs are good, the arms should regenerate over time. It is quite common in some of this species for several of the arms to be shorter than the rest so don't be suprised if they look odd.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the info Steve... :)

Corty - If you're envious, go get some LR from Indonesia :) Thats where my latest lot is from :) :) Very good stuff!

I meant I was envious of the starfish.. that I can't regrow my limbs.

I am however, also envious of you, and your LR.. my only hitchikers in the last two shipments of LR (from different places) seem to be evil, or unidentifiable and evil.

Back
Top Bottom