Blue sea fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flangers

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I was wondering why my sea fan has grown sea weed like algae is what I may think it is but how? When I bought it 3 months ago I had slight damage in transit guy who sold me it said 2 months it be like to normal it has lost some of the blue bits, any reason why this have happened???ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424033986.660292.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you been feeding it? IMHO it looks like the algae has taken over the dead parts.

Yeah the other week 2 pieces broke off somehow?? Feed it????

Ya being non photosynthetic they need to be broadcast fed a filter feeder food. Not one of the easiest or best suited specimens for aquarium life IMHO.

I'm new to this stuff and he never mentioned it so he sold something that was never really gona live, can it be save it this stage if so how? And what would you say be good for feeding if I can pull it back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Give it some reef stew. Your LFS may have some.

That's one of the toughest sw creatures to keep alive. Not a beginner animal at all. Shame on your lfs for not telling you.

It is a very difficult one at that. Try some phyto feast or phyto plex. Just make sure you do not foul up your tank.

Don't worry I will have words with him next time I'm in, after you did water change the live part perked up, il have a look for fish stew!

Last edited by a moderator:
A little goes a long way with filter feeder diet, it's very concentrated. Target them directly, small amounts twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom