Can anyone ID this anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pcollins0901

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased this anemone about a month ago at Petco. I was told it was a long tentacle, but I don't believe that is the case.

It doesn't appear to be happy right now, as it detached and I randomly find it in multiple areas of the tank. I think it's a rock flower, but it has little to zero color under white or actinic. It has some red on its base "foot" and a little
Hint of fluorescent pink around its mouth "opening".

Sorry for quality of pics, I need to get a camera filter. IMG_1846.jpgIMG_1844.JPG

First is a few days after introduction. It buried is base in the sand and expanded nicely. Short bulb like tentacles. The second is today with its foot exposed.

Any help appreciated

Yeah, I talked to the guy today that sold it to me. Said petco calls them long tentacle but they are the mini carpet nems. Lol like that's not a varying common name, but totally different in about every way possible in species classification than a LTA. Ohhh well, just a good reason to buy another nem. Got a RBT on its way.

Back
Top Bottom