Free coral on live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi so I've added bit of live rock to tank and got some free corals with it. Thing is I'm new to corals as only got fish till I fill tank with more rock so can someone id these corals and tell me will I need feed them to keep them alive or will doing wc give them what they need, any info will be great thanks

Attachments

• image-3340898419.jpg
    image-3340898419.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2832718542.jpg
    image-2832718542.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image-178864580.jpg
    image-178864580.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 144
What about other stuff in pic 2 to the right of the mushrooms

Wow, that's quite an assortment of free corals. Looks like you got lucky if you were planning on going reef down the road :) Those are all great beginner corals and are all photosynthetic. What lights do you have over your tank?

Thanks, the first pic guy gave me for my birthday lol others were just on rock. Just want try keep them alive so get idea for when I get into corals

Got 4 t5s think 2 blue & 2 white, going get some led after finished adding rock just doing it slow so no spike

Should be enough light for the corals you have. LEDs will ve a lot brighter than the t5's when you upgrade. Just remember to dim them down and aclamate corals to the drug hater light. Good score on the corals.

Thanks, only good thing about my lfs is good rock lol

Back
Top Bottom