Help to ID and it looks like dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Celine

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I'm very new in saltwater tank. I bought this coral 3 days ago, forgot it's name. It looks like dying. It was standing up nicely. Today, the branches start to turn brown & one of the main truck starts laying flat. Don't know what to do. It looks like it has some worms on it as well. :(

I have a 14g bio cube w/ slimmer. The tank has been running approx a month.

Pls help.

image-1415914447.jpg

image-3340315246.jpg

image-56611674.jpg

Thx, it has those brown tip and turning grey. I just changed 25% water. Those colorful stuffs attached to the tip

Celine said:
Thx, it has those brown tip and turning grey. I just changed 25% water. Those colorful stuffs attached to the tip

Are they worms?

Frogmeister said:
Looks to be brittle starfish

Thanks!!
Cool .. I assume they are good, right? Do I need to feed them?
The coral is still very droopy and close up. Do know what to do?? Any suggestion, pls?

mr_X said:
They are fine and you don't need to feed them. the coral looks fine also.

Thanks .. Today I notice that the tree has some funny stuff on it, looks like started to rot, is it okay?

image-3189937847.jpg

mr_X said:
Do you have any flow in the tank? I don't see a power head. Corals like a some water movement.

I have a 14g tank. I put the tree at the front under the output vent.
Do I need to cut the branch out to save the others, pls?

image-2878154716.jpg

image-356859689.jpg

Got a new powerhead to increase more flow.
One of the truck starts to rot more deeper & the skin coming off. It looks like someone took a big bite on it. :(

I would be more worried about that slug. What is it eating, and what is going to happen when it runs out of food?

mr_X said:
I would be more worried about that slug. What is it eating, and what is going to happen when it runs out of food?

It is my sea-cucumber, filter feeder. It has been in a same spots for weeks.

image-3149683488.jpg

I know it's a cucumber. You have nothing to filter feed, is my point. When those things die they have the ability to take everything in the tank with them. I would be adding some phytoplankton to the tank on a fairly regular basis if you intend to keep it. be careful though, because you can really mess up the water quality pretty quickly with that.

mr_X said:
I know it's a cucumber. You have nothing to filter feed, is my point. When those things die they have the ability to take everything in the tank with them. I would be adding some phytoplankton to the tank on a fairly regular basis if you intend to keep it. be careful though, because you can really mess up the water quality pretty quickly with that.

Thank you for the advise. I feed him the frozen micro reef food every other day and phytoplankton once every 3 days for the whole tank. I know it can be toxin when it die, it is a gift fr a friend.

Celine said:
Thank you for the advise. I feed him the frozen micro reef food every other day and phytoplankton once every 3 days for the whole tank. I know it can be toxin when it die, it is a gift fr a friend.

my sea apple always used to put himself at very top of tank when he was stressed

Really? It always stay there. People at the store said that it will find its spot w/ good flow, then stay there???!!!!

Back
Top Bottom