'Nother ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up a few corals today but his one has my a little stumped. It definately a softy and the best way to describe it is young and looks like cheetos stuck on the rock. I fell in love with the color. And if you look just to the right I got the bonus patch o' star polyps. Perhaps an ID on the field of green to the left? Sponge maybe? Primarily I would love a positive ID in this beautiful orange softy?

Thanks

That's what I ws thinking. SWEET!
Cant wait untill it gets bigger so i can get a frag of that!!!!

Chances are that will never happen, these corals have proven almost impossible to keep in home aquaria. It is a non-photosynthetic coral and requires alot of feedings.

Well, I'll give it my best. And with my dirty water techniques it'll thrive! LOL just kidding. I'll give it my best. I knew carnations were difficult to care for and brnd had the idea it was a carnation. But we really got a good deal on three corals from that store. $125 for the clam, his huge elegance, and the cheeto..err carnation. I'll tuck it away in a lower lighted (lit) area and keep my fingers crossed. Let me guess you guys are experts in carnations as well and I should send it to you for safe keeping? Hehehe, thanks guys.

Let me guess you guys are experts in carnations as well and I should send it to you for safe keeping?

Actually, I thin they are beautiful, but have always felt like ahermatypic corals were too much work for a lazy reefer like me. Good luck with it, keep us posted and keep posting those pics.

After reading the article (very informative) I will try:

-lowest light area I can find
-feeding both zoo- and phyto-planktons
-stirring the sand around it preiodically
-placing two powerheads opposite each other on timers with lag in between for laminar flow.

Keep your fingers crossed! This will be an exciting attemot anyway. I am fairly sure none of the above will have any adverse affects on my exsisting corals.

Back
Top Bottom