Please Help Me ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to have two of these in my tank but I no longer see them. It's been over a year since I seen them last. I was told they were probably some type of ribbon worm. My experience with them is that they are harmless.

Thanks I am a little worried because I have had 2 peppermint shrimp just vanish and I see this thing putting his little hands all over my fish.

It comes out only at night and messes with your fish? Mine stayed on the sand or glass. I watched a snail eat one of mine, slurped it up like spaghetti. Maybe they aren't the same worm but they look identical. Sorry I can't help you more. Here is an article on marine worms, maybe it will help.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/worms.htm

Thanx Fluff,
I read through that site last night. I think that is where I got the picture from but there was no info on it. It is hiding in a hole in my live rocks I noticed it will migrate to a different live rock every other night. It stretches out over the rocks with his 2 little hands patting the rocks, crabs, snails, fish, etc... I checked on the tank the other night and seen its little hands on my blue damsel, it wasnt hurting it I dont think it was just feeling it. but for the life of me I cant figure out what happened to my shrimp. They where doing great and then they molted and the next day I noticed one was missing without a trace. Then 2 days later I seen a small piece of what was left of him. I have tried to catch it but as soon as you shine a light on it or touch it, it shrinks back into its hole very fast. I just thought if anyone would know what this is you would. I call it the midnight monster. Thank You for the help.

Okay I think I found out what it is. I found a few sites on the net that suggest that it is a Echiurid or spoon worm. nothing harmless. a deitris feeder.

Back
Top Bottom