Red stuff taking over!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanbeekr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any ideas? Nothing seems to eat it. Good or bad?

Attachments

• image-217435081.jpg
    image-217435081.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 154
It is read slime...the best way to remove it is to get a product i believe it is called redslime remover. You need to shut down your skimmer and remove all your carbon from your system before you add the product. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!! After you add the product you will need to scrub your rocks that are effected. After 48 hours you need to do a water change (i believe it recommends a 30% water change, but just double check) and the red slime will be gone

Red slime usually blooms with high nitrates or new tanks...also during this time reduce the amount of time your lights are on

Thanks, I thought that might be it, but its not slimy. I don't like the idea of putting chemicals or pesticides in my tank, so I looked up a few pics of red slime, and I think I got something els. I took a better pic

Attachments

• image-1374102885.jpg
    image-1374102885.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 147
I don't think so, I threw in an emerald crab, and he ate all the blue/green bubbles and completely ignores the red stuff

The only creature i seen eat everything is a sea urchin...they will also will eat all the other algae in your tank...if you do try a sea urchin only get one since they never stop eating

Thanks for all yer input, especially Grizz, that link has alot of good info.

Back
Top Bottom