several to ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smnw10

Aquarium Advice Regular
Been meaning to post these for the past year and now with some new live rock and more to ID I thought now would be a good time! I bought the tank off someone a year ago which is where most of this originated. I searched but my skills are either lacking or they are too common that people don't need IDs.

Three here, the coral on the left, the one below it, then the bigger one on the right.
3-corals.jpg

Wavy coral, have a lot of these and they seem to grow a lot and spread fairly quickly
wavy-coral.jpg

"snot" looking stuff but appears to be not mushy, has stayed the same size up until the past couple weeks it's growing longer. There are two here, each has a hole at one end. They don't move either.
snot.jpg

This one has "flowers" that open when the lights are on (so I have two pictures). When distrubed those flowers close up and too much current and they stay closed.
coral-closed.jpg

coral-open.jpg

Curiosity finally got the best of me. Thanks!
John

top left looks like a cauliflower colt or a taro tree, the one s that are spreading like crazy looke are a type of xenia, the snot looking thing is a sponge(they just seem to pop up) the purple thing is a sea fan/Gorgonian

Yay, my turn! 1st picture; Left: (hard to tell) Cespitularia?. Middle: Protopalythoa. Right: Capnella (most likely). Second picture; "Wavy stuff" is Anthelia. On rock: Zoanthid. Third picture; Sponge (no I'm not classifying that lol). Fourth picture; Probably Pseudopterogorgia sp.

Back
Top Bottom