Should i remove this ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all ! Can anyone help with identifying this snail and should I be concerned with him on my polyps ?

Attachments

• image-1142135423.jpg
    image-1142135423.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 119
austinsdad said:
Can't see any snail in that pic.

I am holding the piece in my hand . I had taken it outta there yesterday and placed it on a rock below and today it's back in the polys, I wonder if he eats them

I would take it off again and get some really good pictures of the snail so that someone can ID it for you. :)

I know thats why I think an id would be a good thing just in case its a bad snail. I had a snail eating slug once which was terrible, he ate my entire cuc. lol :-(

carey said:
I know thats why I think an id would be a good thing just in case its a bad snail. I had a snail eating slug once which was terrible, he ate my entire cuc. lol :-(

No good , here are some pics

Attachments

• image-37730801.jpg
    image-37730801.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2931566012.jpg
    image-2931566012.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 86
I have no idea, it looks kinda like my tiny nerites which are harmless but I can't be sure.

Sorry, but I'm sure someone else will know 100%.

carey said:
I have no idea, it looks kinda like my tiny nerites which are harmless but I can't be sure.

Sorry, but I'm sure someone else will know 100%.

I hope it is , the foot that you see sticking out is what he moves around with when I go to pull him off the polyps he has a pretty strong mucus I guess that he hangs on to . Thanx for the help !

Keep an eye out for more they can be hard to spot.

carey said:
Glad you got an ID, thats what I was worried about....

Isnt this site totally awesome? LOL

Yea It def is ! I'm glad I got the Id so quick . I took it to my lfs yesterday one of the guys there took it for his own predator tank .

Back
Top Bottom