South Florida LPS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotteod

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found this while snorkeling locally off the beach (Palm Beach County), growing in a 6" diameter group of about 50 individuals on a rock in 8 feet of water. I scraped 3-4 off and brought them home, where they seem to be thriving. Each individual is about 1/4" across. They have a calcified exterior, white and yellow in color. The tentacles are transparent and white.

Any ideas on the species?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sep06_011s_182.jpg
    sep06_011s_182.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 24
  • sep06_004s_194.jpg
    sep06_004s_194.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 26
They look like nice cup corals but I really don't know. I am sure Fluff or others will. What the heck Scott can you send me some...LOL

Just wondering, are you building your entire tank from corals you pick from the ocean? If you know what you are doing and have sucess that would be very cool. Talk about a conversation piece!

Dude I was just in Marathon in the florida keys.....I did some diving......man I was SOOO Tempted to snatch a little frag or two but I didnt want to break the law or damage the reef!

There were some sick SPS and LPS corals all over the place.....There were some that I wasnt sure if they were LPS or SPS, they kinda looked like something in the middle!

Back
Top Bottom