Ummm...is this Aptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually take the rock the aptasia is on and burn it off with a small torch. That is if the rock is removable and there is no coral close to it. In your case i would get aptasia x or joes juice that was already stated. Good luck with the removal!

Thanks Cichlid-dude. May have to try that....the LFS didn't have anything for aptasia when I was there yesterday. May have to cut it off and try to get as much as possible and hope it doesn't come back :(

I would try lemon juice, it worked for me + you can inject it. I wouldn't try cutting it, that'll just spread it even more, and it WILL grow back lol, at least in my experience, if a cell is left it will come back

If you have glue/ putty/ whatever you use to put corals onto the rock why not completely fill the hole with it and starve the aptasia? Wondering if that will work. Never had aptasia. Hope I never get one.

If you have glue/ putty/ whatever you use to put corals onto the rock why not completely fill the hole with it and starve the aptasia? Wondering if that will work. Never had aptasia. Hope I never get one.

I think if the nem is tiny and you put a very healthy amount of glue/putty you could take care of one or two aiptasia. Only problem is that these things can move very efficiently, plus the glue could expensive.

Sounds like it would be a good experiment, I'd just recommend trying it on a small one.

I think if the nem is tiny and you put a very healthy amount of glue/putty you could take care of one or two aiptasia. Only problem is that these things can move very efficiently, plus the glue could expensive.

Sounds like it would be a good experiment, I'd just recommend trying it on a small one.

I may just try that. I only have the one that is about the size of my polyps and need him gone because he is keeping the polyps from spreading to that side of the rock.

Back
Top Bottom