What color is bubble algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some red, which looks like bubble algae. I will get a pic in a few hours. Also I have some other algae that I would like to see if someone can ID. Be back in a little while....

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=11841&cat=500&ppuser=1656

Here is a pic from my gallery of bubble algae in my tank. I made the mistake of trying to remove it, busting one of the bubbles, and now it's popping up in weird places. Some of the bubbles seem to be growing either red algae or coraline on them as well.

Grape Caulerpa can look like bubble algae but in plant form. It's usually red or green.

LOL! Forgot about that one!

Thanks Devilishturtles!!!!

I had some bubble algae, and rather than popping it, I use a syrenge and a peice of air tube and sucked the whole thing off the rock...I have not seen any true bubble algae since then.....

But, the cyano in my tank keep producing gas or somthing, it is getting bubbles all under it, and on top of the sand.

But, the cyano in my tank keep producing gas or somthing, it is getting bubbles all under it, and on top of the sand.

Yep, mine did that. Then it will start floating.

Back
Top Bottom