what is this.....miniture crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim D

Aquarium Advice Regular
Not to sure although i have idea...mabye porceline crab. Comes out a little from its small crevice and these fanlike appendages wave about. it seems to be very small with one larger claw with nice markings.It also has a very small claw about the size of a pinhead. I use a magnifier to see it.

Jim D said:
and these fanlike appendages wave about.
That is generally the best indication this is a porcelain crab. Filter feeding crabs are completely harmless.

Cheers
Steve

Hey, I have one of those too then! I was looking at him tonight though and he even has what LOOKS like anteana on his sides like a cricket!! Does your's have them? His claws are close to the same size though.
He's cute though the way he is always falppin his fron appendages around!

my little newbie

He won't come right out of his home, he just pokes his antenne out, claws to but what body i see its not the usual crab shape, What shell I can see is marked the same as his claws. As soon as anything comes into it view ......right back in it goes. Its eyes are on two long stocks and what body I can see, is marked with luminous green dots. Wish it would come right out so I can see what a beauty it is. I have had other crabs that had nice markings but ate their way through my soft corals......back to the open sea they went but would love to keep this one. I also saw what appeared to be a type of bristle worm......quite ugly...yuch

please keep this post going.....if you have any pics like mine....mabye better then I would love to see them. Cheers :p

I'm just waiting for the right moment to grab a pic of him! He is fairly open and not too shy about coming out of hiding.
I'll post as soon as I get one of the lil guy!

I got 2 of those on my LR.com order back in July. They are pretty cool. :D One actually lives in a cave with one of my Pepperming shrimp. Thats how I figured they are not a threat, he never bothers the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom