yellow-greenish slime.....What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

90gallon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone help identify the green stuff shown in the picture? I tried to scrape it off the rock but it did not come off at all. How do I get rid of it?

Water parameters: Ammonia 0, Nitrate ~0, PH 8.2, Nitrite 0, Salinity 1.025

Equipment: 90 gallon corner tank, 80+ lbs LR, wet/dry, turboflotor skimmer, 250W MH (on 12hrs per day, now reduced to 8hrs), wavemaster pro w/ 3 powerheads

Attachments

• slime4_186.jpg
    slime4_186.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 321
I can't tell what it is from the pic...can you get a clearer pic? What does it feel like? How long has it been on the rock? What did the area of the rock it is on look like before it turned green like this? Some coraline algae will be green before it turns purple. I know that mine did that on some of the base rock I got. It tuned neon green and then turned purple.

Sorry picture isn't so good, but as I changed the size I also lost the clarity.

It hasn't been on the rock but for a few weeks. When I tried to scrape it off, it just felt like I was scraping the rock. Really didn't feel like anything was there but the rock. Before I noticed this green spot the rock looked just like typical LR.

It looks more like coraline to me, especially if it felt like the rock. If it is coraline, that's signs of a healthy tank!

Like I said in my first post that is what my base rocks did...they had sploches of neon green and then it strated turning purple....

Back
Top Bottom