Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look great but I noticed some of the moss is peeling off since getting wet (must be for dry climate gardens....)

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 48
:) I imagined them in the tank with algae growing and shrimp hanging off them. A nice little stack of green rocks. Might have to check out creek for rocks.

Recently saw some of these faux moss rocks used for party table decor. Also have seen some for aquariums. It's a bummer they're not quite working out. Very fun looking though.

I did get down to creek (wanted a dozen small granite rocks to fix garden border) but nothing much caught my eye. All pretty dull black mafic rocks. Will keep looking.

That's too bad. I saw near our local river, a parking area for the trails system and it happens to be right next to this cool interesting white sand I have had my eye on for some time, but where I had noticed it was on someone's property - now I get the chance to scoop up some and just try and understand how we got white sand around here - middle of North America, and near red rocks and brown sands, lol. I have seen a layer in the side of the stream bed off shooting from the river too.

Nature is curious.

Funny thing about the rocks, it it might be the hot new trend somewhere in the world!

True, if I didn’t fill tank right to top would be tempted to try floating rocks :)

Cleaned the shrimp / guppy tank. Algae off glass and water change. Three guppies and half a dozen ninja shrimp in the moss.

Buying H2O2 to do BBA on Anubias today. I’m giving up on that as foreground plant and stuffing it up back under shade. The other Anubias up back is doing well in shade and no algae. Will plant more crypts at front as that seems to resist algae well.

If you buy moss balls and attach them to rocks over time the moss will grow on the rocks

If you buy moss balls and tie them to some rocks over time it will start to grow on the rocks and it looks amazing

Water change, clean internal filter, H2O2 algae treatment and shift an Anubias under shade hopefully then a crypt to where Anubias was. Clean up stem plants - I like these ones but so does the algae. I think that’s the most maintenance in several months. Some sort of time warp happened though as several hours have vanished :)

83458e8d2a27cd67b484cd6dab2e4719.jpg

0e74b28a8add5d42c3af7e2c8dfff087.jpg

I think there has been some growth. Life would be complete if the algae would go away :) hopefully the H2O2 treatment works as it was fizzing merrily away on the algae.

Also like the tank much better with the backing on.

I have that issue big time in my 5G Spec V in the Hornwort. Every 2 weeks I seem to be able to grab out a hand full. (Switched back to the stock light and we'll see if it is better with lower light.) Never had that as a big issue before.

Your fish seem to be looking well too!

H2O2 spot tank treatment and treating into a container with badly infested Anubias seems to have work without too much damage. Hoped the Anubias would be tough!

What was the amount used per amount of water?

How long did you leave them?

Did you wipe it, or brush it?

I have a few leaves which could use some treatment!

It was pretty strong - a small medicine bottle at 6% into a gallon of water (not sure how other plants would go, I’ve accidentally killed a betta at much weaker dose so it was pretty strong). Could tip in and see when it starts fizzing (wish I’d thought of that earlier!).

Left it 10 minutes I’d say. Was still fizzing but figured that was enough.

Spot treating in tank was just spraying onto leaves just in the water (Anubias again so wasn’t too worried).

A lot of leaf damage looks more like where the BBA was but will give it another week I guess. Fingers crossed! The larger Anubias is about a foot long now down the stem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom