new additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiteout

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got them today the cories have accepted the panda into their close nit group
ForumRunner_20131019_203135.jpg

ForumRunner_20131019_203147.jpg

Quick question to I bought two adult nerite snails they have disappeared and two baby ones reappeared thus happened to anyone else?

Awwwww. I love cories. That is a super cute little panda.
As for your nerites, they only reproduce in brackish water, so I can pretty much promise you that if they were indeed nerites, they did not make baby nerites. You are seeing baby pest snails. As for them disappearing, that is not too uncommon. They might be hiding out. I often cannot find mine, and then they re-appear later.

Awwwww. I love cories. That is a super cute little panda.
As for your nerites, they only reproduce in brackish water, so I can pretty much promise you that if they were indeed nerites, they did not make baby nerites. You are seeing baby pest snails. As for them disappearing, that is not too uncommon. They might be hiding out. I often cannot find mine, and then they re-appear later.

They are the only snails i've had I wash all my plants it could be a freak occurrence and thank you for the compliment to my panda

Sometimes, pest snails can sneak their way in even when you wash the plants. I have even seen them accidentally get scooped up with fish and then deposited in a tank with no plants whatsoever. They are very determined little buggers.

Sometimes, pest snails can sneak their way in even when you wash the plants. I have even seen them accidentally get scooped up with fish and then deposited in a tank with no plants whatsoever. They are very determined little buggers.

o ok well they are pretty so I'll keep them lol

o ok well they are pretty so I'll keep them lol
Fwiw, I never get rid of pest snails. They rarely hurt anything, and generally only eat dead plants or fallen fish food. So, honestly, it is more for aesthetics than anything else that most people take them out. If you over feed, they can get pretty plentiful, but if you feed right, then they don't have an excess of food and typically won't over populate the tank. I keep ramshorns in a tank just because I think they are cute. :)

Fwiw, I never get rid of pest snails. They rarely hurt anything, and generally only eat dead plants or fallen fish food. So, honestly, it is more for aesthetics than anything else that most people take them out. If you over feed, they can get pretty plentiful, but if you feed right, then they don't have an excess of food and typically won't over populate the tank. I keep ramshorns in a tank just because I think they are cute. :)

Yea they haven't gotten the full color but one is a deep red looks kinda metallic

Back
Top Bottom