Shrimp. Its not just for dinner anymore.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've decided I adore freshwater shrimp almost as much as my angelfish, and got some really cute pics of em. I have one big ol bamboo shrimp, and 2-4 cherry shrimp (they make rare appearances and never all at the same time...4 went in LOL no idea how many are still there but its at least one):

I wish the LFS around here sold those little guys. I have wanted to get some for my 10 gallon but I do so hate mail ordering live stock. Perhaps my brother can get me some in Ottawa and bring them home at xmas.

Nice pics..

I got the bamboo shrimp from a lfs, but the cherry shrimp I ordered from Arizona Gardens (online). Next time I'm ordering from Frank's Aquarium online; hes got a better selection, hes cheaper and hes a 2 hr drive from me *grin* Its the only time I bought livestock online; I ordered 5 and one didn't survive as he got himself stuck in the folds of the plastic bag. The others seem to be doing well (I find shells once in a while so I know they're moulting, which is generally a good sign).

I've only seen the ghost shrimp in the lfs, and once the bamboo. I don't think FW shrimp are very popular....yet *grin* but I think they will be, especially the filter feeders. Neat lil guys.

Shrimp are really cool. I have to say they are the #1 attention getting item in my tanks. Everyone always has to ask "Are these the type you eat?" and I have to tell them NO!. Not ulness you want to spend $30 on a little sliver of meat.

$30?? You must be talking SW shrimp right?? My guys were between 3 and 7 bucks each.

Ya SW shrimp. Here is a photo of one of the costly shirmp

Fire_Shrimp4.jpg

8O
OMG Fishfreek,that is such a nice photo! I must say that my personal computer's Desktop Wallpaper Collection has grown immensly because of your tank inhabitants! :D (Although I have the neighbor's cat as a wallpaper at the moment).

Whoa. I thought my cherry shrimp were an intense red but...daaaaamn. Does it glow in the dark too? :) Thats an AMAZING color!

Nope dont glow in dark. HEHE

Its common name is a FIRE shrimp. I think the color makes them outragously expensive for being s shrimp.

The bamboo shrimp decided to pose for me today *grin* so heres a few more pics. Cute lil bugger:

Oh God. FW inferiority complex!!!!!!!!!!!! My ghost shrimp are so common in comparison...

Back
Top Bottom