Acrylic Nano Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NanoNewb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all! New to the forum, but not to the aquarium addiction! I am looking to build a custom aquarium tank for the first time. I am looking for a 10-20 gallon acrylic viewing tank with corals. My question is I have an old 55g acrylic tank that I was wondering if I could chop it up to create a few smaller tanks for free minus the cost of "glue"? Any cool unique ideas too would be awesome because I want to make something that is cool and stands out in my living room!

You can use the acrylic from other thanks, I've seen someone take 2 55s and buy a bottom peice of glass and make a tank. My current project is a 6' x 10" x 10" coldwater stream tank

Thanks Kush! I have also been thinking about just buying some acrylic. I have found out there are a ton of different kinds out there. Is there one that might be better than another for tank construction?

I am hoping to build an AIO 10-20g reef tank and then comes the DIY LED system! Have been out of reefing for a couple of years and I cant wait to get started! :fish2:

Acrylic is expensive you can buy glass or go on Craigslist and buy old tanks for the acrylic or look up sheets of it on their

Back
Top Bottom