Adding driftwood??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristaButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I found this floating on the side of the lake. It's hard but soft when rubbed. Is this driftwood I can add to my tank after boiling?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412353160.035534.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Using Dritwood

So I found this floating on the side of the lake. It's hard but soft when rubbed. Is this driftwood I can add to my tank after boiling?? View attachment 251713

Hello Kris...

They look fine to me. I've used local driftwood and never boiled it. I just scrub it with a clean, scrubbing brush and rinse it well. Then, it's ready to go into the tank. The local stuff looks nicer than the commercial version.

Better get some large rocks too. You'll likely need them to weigh the pieces down in the tank.

B

If it's soft, than it can/will rot out in the tank. Can you press your finger nail into it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes. It makes a huge indention in one piece and barely a indention on the other pieces. I don't want it to rot. What do you think about the pieces that hardly indent? Does good driftwood not indent at all?
Thanks

If it leaves a large indent its either a soft wood or prety rotten. Either are a bad thing in a tank.

Back
Top Bottom