Any ideas how to make my aquarium look good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prateekgs555

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 12 gallon tank with purifier and airpump in one device .and few plastic plants .i want to make it look good what can i do .please help me with ideas

Last edited:
Are you using a digital camera or a smartphone? Digital cameras tend to have huge file sizes. if you get the option of a small picture, you could try that too.

Pinterest is loaded with tons of aquarium pics. It's constantly showing me amazing tanks and I want to build them all.

Google (images) is another source for ideas and inspiration. Social media (Facebook, instagram) has groups specializing in aquascaping.

If you take a photo outside of the app it will usually let you load it.

Adding some real plants could go a long way, but that's because I never have liked the look of fake plants! Plenty of low to no maintenance options in the aquarium plant world.

Im not a huge fan of anything plastic, better to use real plants in the long way it can help your tank more and fish will be more happier

If you decide to go with real plants. Take your time and do lots of reading and education.. There are lots of tidbits to familiarize yourself with.

Feel free to ask lots of questions here.. the only bad question is one not asked. and be patient for answers..

This can be a labor of love or stress... For me I love all the labor involved, but for some this takes the fun away from them and then bad things happen

Definitely loving the planted tank, also looking into aquaponic filtration. How is your setup?

I've seen tons of tanks online and several "off the wall" tanks in person that the owners thought were the greatest thing since toast was invented.

One of these "off the wall" tanks was a Star Wars themed tank that had a life size Darth Vader mask in it. Not my cup of tea though. I prefer a more natural look.

Look around the web and see what YOU like. Then stop back and ask questions that will help you accomplish it. Folks here are glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom