Cleaning Ceramic bubblers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graham Ray

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been using a ceramic bubbler on my Homemade CO2 Generator. The bubbler after two/three weeks becomes discoloured and not working as efficiently . I have for the last few times removed the bubbler and used pure lemon juice on top of the ceramic on the bubbler . I leave it a few hours then wash in warm water. The bubller is then clean and more efficient and hope fully will not cause the fish any distress. comments please.:thanks:

The acid in the lemon juice should help clear the built up gunk. I sometimes soak the diffuser in hydrogen overnight and put it directly in the tank; no rinsing. Occasionally I will soak it in a diluted bleach solution for an hour and rinse thoroughly. I hook up a syringe and airline tubing to draw the cleaner/rinsing fluids through the ceramic material.
With a DIY setup you need to be careful that the yeast is not getting past the bubble counter/gas separation bottle. If it does it can prematurely clog the diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom