DIY- 75g 2x4 stand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yes definitely. This drill won't stay running. It's charging again. Next time I buy a drill it's gonna have 2 spare battery's

What do you think about this? Definitely not screwed in yet l but gettin there

Attachments

• 1394309318675.jpg
    1394309318675.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 62
I'd really feel better seeing some 45 degree diagnol bracing man, that's a lot of uneccessary wood in the middle, could you make this happen? Cuts can be square, just keep everything tight into a corner.

image-3100428972.jpg

Well here it is. I'm gonna add the OSB tomorrow after I talk to my wife. This is how it's gonna be and I'm gonna wrap it later and add 2 doors! What do you think? I'm gonna add some support to the top as well

Attachments

• 1394324955222.jpg
    1394324955222.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 64
Nice man!! You happy with it?? So osb on top? Couple angle braces in there too? You jump up and down on it? Feel sturdy?

I could drive my car onto this thing! I love it! Yes I'm adding bracing but first I'm gonna cut a shelf for the bottom somehow! That's gonna be tricky! Yes just osb and I'm gonna seal it of course

Can you get your hands in a jig saw? Or buy a cheapie hand saw? Get a piece of cardboard and make a template and trace it on the osb!

Can you get your hands in a jig saw? Or buy a cheapie hand saw? Get a piece of cardboard and make a template and trace it on the osb!

That's smart bro! I was gonna get home depot to cut it 48 1/2 by 18 1/2 and I was gonna bring it home, lay it on the top, look under it and draw an outline! I'll see if I can get a saw but remember I can't cut plywood worth a crap!

Tracing would work just as well! The cuts will be small, notches only.. You got that.. All dayyy

Haha dude you should have seen the 100 sheet of 3/4 inch wood I messed up. I don't remember what wood it was but wow I messed it up!

Gonna pick up the osb tomorrow. I'm gonna look for the nicer ones of it and seal it in with a clear coat. I think it will have a sharp look after I add the wrap and doors

Here it is! Still need to screw more screws into it but that's it.

Also gonna wrap it in that wood. It's Birchwood

Attachments

• 1394416008130.jpg
    1394416008130.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1394416020103.jpg
    1394416020103.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 57
Sweet! Birch is real nice with a clear coat, light stain looks pretty sharp too..

I'm gonna paint the osb black on the shelf and just clear coat the birch. I may even take the spare birch and lay it on top of the osb shelf for a much nicer look. I'm very please with it for now. The birch sheet is 25$ so that's not bad. I just don't have a nail gun to put it on and add trim

Back
Top Bottom