DIY c02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could use a small water bottle. Just tape it to the side of the bigger one. I'm not sure about the check valve.

Ok, the only thing hiding me back right now is the caulk and the check valve ( here is pic of set up now) also , could I temporarily use an aristone for the diffuser part? It would be for untill I can get my hands on some chopsticks. ( a week or so)

View attachment 90920

I would imagine the arrow should go with the co2 flow lol. Just blow in both ends and whichever side you blow in that doesn't allow air out, goes toward the aquarium

Ok, I'm planning on installing it tonight but I don't know if the caulk is ok to use, I have tank sealant ( for cracks) could that work?

Ok, I'll do some research but anyone who knows about sealants please post!!!

Oh, can I put the reactors and bubble counter on a shf above the tank? Or should I keep it below?

Bubbles0oO said:
Ok, I'm planning on installing it tonight but I don't know if the caulk is ok to use, I have tank sealant ( for cracks) could that work?

It should work I'm planning on using an aquarium sealant for mines

yeah i bought some sealant myself, even squeezing a tube through a much smaller hole in the lid, i could still hear leakage when i squeezed the bottle - i'm guessing that's why i could never see the bubbles coming out into the tank. i thought that sealant was just over kill but i actually do need it.

Ok, so I will keep it below. Still not sure if the sealant is ok , I know I need it but idk if it's ok.

Ok I got an empty 2 liter
But does it really matter if it's aquarium safe silicone or not? I have normal silicone I dont wanna go and spend a lot on the aquarium safe if I dont need to

sadly the DIY route is getting too much for me.

I bought a sealant, which i then opened up and it told me it was all sorts of poisonous (even to breathe, and that in california, it's ingredients were known to cause heart failure and cancer). so yeah...rather than go back and go on and on and on, i'm a DIY drop out.

if it's not one thing, it's the other, and sadly i don't have time to keep fixing something, to then have a subpar set up. it comes down to not enough time, and then wanting to spend that time i DO get on it, productively, rather than chasing up 15 new things to get every time something goes wrong.

i'm looking into the fluval or potentially paintball style.

good luck with your attempts! :)

themox said:
sadly the DIY route is getting too much for me.

I bought a sealant, which i then opened up and it told me it was all sorts of poisonous (even to breathe, and that in california, it's ingredients were known to cause heart failure and cancer). so yeah...rather than go back and go on and on and on, i'm a DIY drop out.

if it's not one thing, it's the other, and sadly i don't have time to keep fixing something, to then have a subpar set up. it comes down to not enough time, and then wanting to spend that time i DO get on it, productively, rather than chasing up 15 new things to get every time something goes wrong.

i'm looking into the fluval or potentially paintball style.

good luck with your attempts! :)

What was the name of the sealant? To make sure I dont have the same one
And to get a better idea of it try the easy 2 liter bottle one

Back
Top Bottom