DIY co2 not making bubbles yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes when you put bubbles in the intake you cause cavitation in the impeller, creating noise

Agreed on the seal. Also, it shouldn't take 24 hours... it should take a couple hours at most... otherwise you have seal issues.

Also, I noticed you said you used hot water. Hot water will kill the yeast. You want to use luke warm to warm water. I realize all of that is relative... so somewhere in the high nineties seems to be good.

Bakers ovens go up to 300 degrees celsius, the bread rises through the yeast eating the starch in the flour...Yeast is NOT killed by hot water on the contrary the process is accelerated. I know this because my father in law is a baker.

Anyway Co2 chamber is awesome works great, if it doesn't work it means you got a leak, I decided to super glue the edges of the tube to the bottles tops had no problems since, despite this I had to purchase a diffuser as the noise from the co2 mixing with the filter got to me..:lol:

You are incorrect. Bread rises due to warm temperature in the dough. Bread is not 300 degrees the second you put it in the oven. It rises quickly as the interior of the dough starts to warm. Once it is HOT, the yeast is dead, but their work is done. Same principle here. WARM is good, gets the yeast activated and working. HOT kills them.

You are incorrect. Bread rises due to warm temperature in the dough. Bread is not 300 degrees the second you put it in the oven. It rises quickly as the interior of the dough starts to warm. Once it is HOT, the yeast is dead, but their work is done. Same principle here. WARM is good, gets the yeast activated and working. HOT kills them.

Agreed. Yeast is a fungus that uses sugar to multiply, as the yeast feeds on the sugar it expels Carbon Dioxide and alcohol. Since yeast is very sensitive to temperature, the temp is a major factor in how fast yeast multiples.
It is considered dormant and will not grow at 40 degrees, grows very slowly at 55 degrees and will die instantly at 140 degrees. Which is why warm water is used instead of hot, to speed up the growth to create CO2.

My aquarium is beside an outside wall. The cabinet that holds the yeast cools down at night and yhe yeast stops producing. In the morning i direct a space heater into yhe cabinet and the yeast starts producing in a couple of minutes.
If it is not a leak problem then try warming up the yeast.
Don't give up quite tet

Back
Top Bottom