DIY Moonlights.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's impressive. The heat savings seems to be huge!

They are understandably stingy with their description on their site. The led's , or as close as I can find, are not cheap either. I guess this explains the crazy cost for these things. I'm sure you will save money on power and heat control, but you are spending most of that up front on the fixture.

It's a great idea, I'm curious about how much the High Light Output LEDs can be bought for... Hmmm.

SparKy697 said:
That's impressive. The heat savings seems to be huge!

They are understandably stingy with their description on their site. The led's , or as close as I can find, are not cheap either. I guess this explains the crazy cost for these things. I'm sure you will save money on power and heat control, but you are spending most of that up front on the fixture.

It's a great idea, I'm curious about how much the High Light Output LEDs can be bought for... Hmmm.

Like is said earlier. Someone has already tried making one. He used some expensive 5600k leds. I believe he he said they cost him $10 a piece. I'll post the link when I find it.

Pretty nice! I was thinking about doing something similar if i ever get around to it.

:idea: Stick a potentiometer in series with the supply :eek:

Stick a potentiometer in series with the supply

Absolutely!

That was my intent but all the ones I had in stock were a bit too high in value. After I put it all together I decided that I was happy with things as they were though.

Back
Top Bottom