Found this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchie

Aquarium Advice Activist
A neighbor who works at Nordstrom was moving and tossed this..naturally I thought it may make a interesting project so I grabbed it.. Needless to say it weights about 200lbs.

It is 3/4" frosted acrylic. Has anyone seen this used as a tank stand?

My thought is a drilled tank with a sump built into the bottom (if it is water tight)

image-1135680845.jpg

image-2406445011.jpg

image-969009586.jpg

Thoughts? Am I crazy?! Lol.

you're not crazy, no, but that leopard print carpet is! ;)

jk, actually it would be a great betta grow out tank! or breeder type thing

LOL. it is there to protect this thing from ruining the carpet as we brought it in.

Just threw a 20 long on it with a extra T5..

2vtscgj.jpg

2nuqhec.jpg

Can I do a 20 Long Salt Water with live rock with a HOB or do I venture into sealing a few of the bottom boxes and making them a sump?

I'm totally kidding too, zing! That thing is really neat, the frosted effect would lend to being backlit in various ways. Maybe rope or string lights on as a night light behind the stand or lighting within like a "salt lamp".. Google those very beautiful and appears frosted with a bulb inside a hunk of pinkish salt as big as a loaf of bread

I'm partial to lava lamps but my last one got tossed out before I got my high school diploma. What about those globes with lightning bolt static moving around inside... lol major flashback

Ps~ I like the idea of a planted tank for a 20 long and good lights which would be nicely juxtaposed with planted indoor (not aquatic) plants in the shelving, maybe a vine or succulents..

Also, if the base feels secure enough for a 40, would the dimentions look more flush? I feel like the 20 long leaves too much space on either side

Thanks. I will definitely be lighting it. Might grab LEDs from ikea.

The stand is about 200+lbs. 3/4 inch thick acrylic. My wife and I sat on it and it didn't flex at all - granted we are about 300lbs combined.

I have a 100 gallon freshwater planted already so this I wanted to do a nano reef with. Since I am not that familiar with saltwater I have some research to do. I want it as clean as possible since the stand is very sleek. Searching the forums for nano setups and equipment lists.

Back
Top Bottom