LED's for my next tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
Hey guys, it's been a while, got a couple questions.

For anyone out there that has experience with LED's, lets say i had an aquarium 20x20x10. Would this kit be enough to keep SPS and a maxi mini anemone later down the road? I just want to know if 24 LED's are enough to pretty much support whatever i want.

If not.. i'm probably just going to go with a 150w halide.

Here's the LED kit i want to use:

24 Premium LED Do-It-Yourself Retrofit Kit

Let me know.
Thanks guys.

My LFS hasa fixtue with 2 20 watt white leds with a bunch of other 3-5 watt leds around them. He keeps it over the 10gal that holds his maxis. So, depends on the LEDs. 24 3w, maybe. 24 5w, defnitely.

I am building a fixture Saturday with 30 3w actinics in 4'. Should do the trick.

Yeah.. i don't know what i want to do yet, but i might just go with a 150w halide since i can get the whole setup for $130. I had a 150w before.. but then i sold it haha. Now i have to buy another one.. what a trip right? I just really like the colors that metal halides give off. But LED's last longer, much longer, and they also make the corals fluoresce like it's nobody's business.

Back
Top Bottom