lighting rebuild ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

straight_path

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm slowly gearing up for saltwater and just acquired a 48" JBJ Formosa w/ 65 watt CF's. It looks as if the unit has overheated because the once-pliable connnector covers were rigid and cracked. One shattered while trying to remove the lamp. lamps and insulators were nearly fused together. Still, this is a valuable unit and I'd like to repair if possible. Reterminating new connectors seems the only option. (plus new bulbs - of course!)

Does anyone know what this 4 prong connector type is called ??

Thanks,
Dave

ps. I'm new to the forum. What a great resource for those beginning their research !!! Thanks.

I'm going to move this to the DIY forum, but I'm going to leave a link to it in the forum. The hardcore DIYers, will be alot of help here ;) Personally when dealing with wiring...I set things on fire, so I'll refrain from offering advice on this one, LOL.

Does the connecter have a pin out like this:

or this:

::

???

I've heard it refered to as 4-prong straight, but I was hoping for a bit more when searching for the connectors.

thanks.

2G11 - that's the critter. YEE HAW !!! Thanks for the response everyone, I thought I might be looking at as much to rebuild as to buy a new unit.

Awesome, awesome,awesome ...

Back
Top Bottom