Little help with my overflow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartfood

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I took it upon myself to create my own overflow. Ive been looking and reading about other people plans and took alll of that to make my own... My questions is when i Have two 3/4 inch overflows lead to one 3/4 inch tee will that except all off that water? 3/4 pvc is made for about 400 gph, so i throwing 800 gph at on 400 gph tee. Is the way that im thinking, should i convert it to 1 inch when the two overflows meet at the tee. (1 inch pvc rated for 950gph)

-any input is appreciated!:)

I plan on doing the same thing but) have the same doubt about the Outlet t either to put 2 T's or a bigger t

My does the same!! I have two 1" overflow and they gurgle to! But they do a great job!! Here's mine!

Attachments

• image-3302954229.jpg
    image-3302954229.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 98
Iv been working on a new overflow my last one I turned into a full tank filter instead

Attachments

• image-1682249466.jpg
    image-1682249466.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-4202806010.jpg
    image-4202806010.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 87
That's the one I want to do the double over flow for mine but wont the single T in the middle restrict water

That is what my question was, and what I found is everyone doing it this way connects to the same size tee. Also since the pipe on the intake will probably be about 3/4 full so not 100% of wAter Ill probably not get the full rate for 3/4 PVC (gph) IMO. I'll be doing a test as soon as I get my pump and tell u how it ! :)

Yea keep me updated also does it work the same even tho its shorter than the regular ones u see on this forum and youtube

Mine is about 31 inches long on my 55 and that's 48 inches long so .....

No what I ment is how deep the pcv goes in the tank the ones I.usually see go all the way to the bottom
And what I see on yours it goes like 6" down inside and not all the way down

Oh it has to do with flow but mine u dont see much in the tank IMO but it will still get the flow ur looking for u shouldn't have to worry about it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom