My DIY 125 stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what color stained I used but it was just plain regular pine wood. it's my third stand I have built. Its rewarding building your own.

The dogs are funny dog on the left is Clifford he is a pit mix. And the dog or the right is Bear, he's a Shepard corgi. Lol

I'm not sure what color stained I used but it was just plain regular pine wood. it's my third stand I have built. Its rewarding building your own.

The dogs are funny dog on the left is Clifford he is a pit mix. And the dog or the right is Bear, he's a Shepard corgi. Lol

Well it all looks really great. Good job!!!

Nice. I plan on using 4x4's as well, a lot of people tell me just to use 2x4's but I feel more comport able not doing so lol. Ty for the pic.

What is your length? 6ft? I'm getting ready to do a stand for a 150gl but I've been wondering if I can do 1 support in the middle or if I should do 2? Looks like you've done 1?

Sgc1107 said:
What is your length? 6ft? I'm getting ready to do a stand for a 150gl but I've been wondering if I can do 1 support in the middle or if I should do 2? Looks like you've done 1?

The board in the middle isn't really a support. It is used for the doors to close against.

ZHiTcH41 said:
The board in the middle isn't really a support. It is used for the doors to close against.

But the tank is a 6th tank. But with black aquarium brace trim it is more. You want you tank to sit flesh on it like so Make 2 of them one for the tank to sit on and one for the ground

image-625130115.jpg

But the tank is a 6th tank. But with black aquarium brace trim it is more. You want you tank to sit flesh on it like so Make 2 of them one for the tank to sit on and one for the ground

I was going to add an inch on each side (width and length) should I not? Maybe 1/4 instead?

I'm amazed that much weight is supported with nothing in the middle! Great news to me as I now can make two large doors instead of three!

Sgc1107 said:
I was going to add an inch on each side (width and length) should I not? Maybe 1/4 instead?
Not if your going to do a stand like mine. In which the tank Sits inside the trim piece that goes around the tank.

Lol but I can't give a good description on here of the support. I'm scared for you guys. I don't want your tanks on the ground!!!

Not meaning to hijack but my curious mind wants to know. With no support in the middle what stops it from bending in the middle?

The panel boards go as far as the doors. Those panels placed vertically are very strong. If horizontal wouldn't have a chance.But the tanks is sitting on 2x4 brace that goes all around the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom