Natural (litter) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't give in!!! Cut resistant gloves are cheap. While you at the hardware get a oil stone to sand those sharp edges. Or the better option is find a ruined one for free.

Me too! My family owns hardware stores and I work at one so I love hearing other peoples ideas and helping them make the dreams happen.

I'd rather buy a beer lolz...sorry guys this thread Is dead

20long hitech/10gal shrimptech

Attachments

• 6tag_120114-220051.jpg
    6tag_120114-220051.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 70
I actually was thinking about using one of those, just not cutting or breaking it. Some sand and silicone to keep it sunk down..

What about p.e.t. soft drink bottles? There are a fair number out there with plastic labels. easier and safer to cut than glass. finish with a small flame to get rid of sharp/rough edges.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also, id be concerned about melting a plastic, and then adding to the tank. Plastics are wierd when you start melting them

I couldn't confirm absolutely that is safe, although I have seen a bunch of diy stuff on YouTube using plastic drink bottles. I'm working on the theory that if drink makers are allowed to ship food in them they are pretty safe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did this on my old 125gl tank, was nice but I began to wonder about how to clean the inside of green crud(course this could work if so inclined), look for silk screened bottles or etched ones, saves the hassle of paper labels
img_2794550_0_70489c727a3cf559e810a45ca21b9adf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom