Need help with a part identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a reptile drip container a couple years ago to use as a kalk drip.
It has done a nice job. Unfortunately, the part at the bottom that you use to adjust the drip, has corroded up to the point I cannot use it. Can someone tell me what the valve thingy is really called so that I can try to find it somewhere? Seems silly to buy the whole container if I can just replace the valve.

Attachments

• reptile.jpg
    reptile.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 307
  • reptile.jpg
    reptile.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 239
ewww is that brass? are you not worried about that going into your tank ? must not if ya have been using it huh
id go to home depot ya can find a plastic version of that and glue it on :)

it looks brass in that picture, but it isnt....it is silver in color.

looks like just a basic "valve" to me. You might have trouble finding one that small at HD but it's worth a shot. You just gotta find something small enough to fit the, assuming, airline size tubing that has a flow restrictor that you can adjust. Go to HD and find an assistant, I've found they're quite helpful, even the plumbing guy when I was asking questions about making stuff for a fish tank, he was confused at first, but then when he realized what I was trying to do led me to exactly what I was looking for.

I would call it a valve or spigot. If you cannot find one locally, a search for science supplies might work.

Good luck,

I've made dosing containers similar to that before, you can get those plastic screw type airline valves from Petsmart if you dare go in there and they work great. Just don't tell anyone I've been there, O.K.

your secret is safe with me! what department did you find those in?

Is that a Zoo Med product? (it looks like one) If so, maybe you could try calling them for a replacement part.

Zoo Med Laboratories, Inc.
3100 McMillan Ave.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 U.S.A.
TEL: 805-542-9988
FAX: 805-542-9295

They're in the fish stuff by the air pumps and airline tubing, in a little pack with about 10 assorted fittings. They're usually blue or green. Couple bucks and some silicone and your in business.

Back
Top Bottom