Need help with my 125 gal stand asa0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xavier55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have my tank setup already but I have a new kitten and my daughter will be born in 6 weeks. As of right now I'm not worry about my daughter playing under the stand but the kitten. Here is a pic I have what can I do to seal it off until I need to get something out and with out taking everything apart. I need a simple dyi. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403917625045.jpg
    1403917625045.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 100
Looks like a metal stand.
If so then get some strong magnets off ebay and get some wood paneling and drill some shallow holes, press the magnets in and cut the wood to size. You'll have it sealed off and easy to take on and off.
I have a few ******* cats so I know how it goes.

I never thought of that what thickness of plywood should I get

All depends on the magnet I guess. I would use a nice finished style wood. I'm doing this to my stand and my magnets are almost a half inch think. So I'm running some 3/4in paneling and running the magnet inside the wood. So it's a nice flat fit.

I once put fencing on a wall with industrial strength velcro I got at home Depot. Just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good idea also magic

You could build a cover out of 3 pieces of plywood and trim. It will look like a wooden stand that slides out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom