New Tank...Building the Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intimatecple

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here are some pics of the stand I am building

Attachments

• Fish Tank 022.jpg
    Fish Tank 022.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Fish Tank 028.jpg
    Fish Tank 028.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Fish Tank 029.jpg
    Fish Tank 029.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Fish Tank 031.jpg
    Fish Tank 031.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 107
I can tell that Ziggy is droolin' over the shop!

Can you post another picture of the progress of stand? I'm needing a stand for a clam tank.....

I do love wood working! I built custom cabinets with my uncle for about 18months and had a blast. I love building things I just need a nice big shop like that to spread out my equipment.

More pics of progress

Here goes some more project pics!!!!

Attachments

• Fish Tank 035.jpg
    Fish Tank 035.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Fish Tank 039.jpg
    Fish Tank 039.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Fish Tank 041.jpg
    Fish Tank 041.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Fish Tank 042.jpg
    Fish Tank 042.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 74
and more

I could have stopped here and had a sweet Bar (My friend Steve already thinks it is!!)

Attachments

• Fish Tank 043.jpg
    Fish Tank 043.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Fish Tank 044.jpg
    Fish Tank 044.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Fish Tank 045.jpg
    Fish Tank 045.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 57
As of 7-30-08

This is where I am at today
This will be the back of stand

man was that heavy!!!!!

Attachments

• Fish Tank 051.jpg
    Fish Tank 051.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Fish Tank 049.jpg
    Fish Tank 049.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 330
My first catch

My first pet in my tank....not sure whether it is SW or fresh

Attachments

• Fish Tank 011.jpg
    Fish Tank 011.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Fish Tank 012.jpg
    Fish Tank 012.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 331
In the pic you posted with your first critter in the tank I just noticed that the trim is broken/missing in a section. You may want to check into fixing that....The trim on that kind of tank helps keep them square....

repairing???

In the pic you posted with your first critter in the tank I just noticed that the trim is broken/missing in a section. You may want to check into fixing that....The trim on that kind of tank helps keep them square....

What would be he best way to repair this? Wood trim all the way around ?? or is there somewhere I can order a new trim for the whole top of tank??

I just read your entire thread about your 150-120 mishaps....REALLY SORRY to hear all that. So Glad to see you bounced back!!

What would be he best way to repair this? Wood trim all the way around ?? or is there somewhere I can order a new trim for the whole top of tank??

I just read your entire thread about your 150-120 mishaps....REALLY SORRY to hear all that. So Glad to see you bounced back!!

I don't know the answer to that. I would contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say. I would not fill the tank with water until you get a good answer from someone that knows what they are talking about. Just my thoughts.

Looks great. Have a question though, why the 3 holes in the top and not just a solid panel for the tank to rest on? Will it be drilled through the bottom? Structurally not difference, just curious. Bout the only thing I did different was I extended the side panels and the trim beyond the structure 4 inches so I could rest the cabinet up against the wall and have 4 inches of room for piping to go vertical. ran it right up to the top and it attaches to the canopy. Makes it look 'built in' kinda, in a way, if ya look at it at juuuuuuust the right angle kinda thing.. ya know

Back
Top Bottom