PC light upgrade to 150 Af Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just installed a PC retrokit from AH Supply. Like it so far. Kit was well packaged and had everything you need to install it. It was installed in a AGA Modern Cherry canopy. After unpacking everything, I laid the reflectors on the canopy to see where they needed to go. Then I drilled 1/8" holes for the mounting screws and the light clips. I really like these clips. They hold the lights securely, yet are springy enough that you don't break the bulb trying to get it in them. After mounting the reflectors and the bulb clips, I made a mount for the ballasts from some scrap acrylic. They are mounted on the back of the canopy. Each ballast came with a power cord, but since these lights will come on at the same time, I wired both ballasts to one cord. Power cord comes through the shelf on the ballast mount using the plastic clip that was supplied with the kit. The only things I don't like about this kit are the bulb connectors and the splice connectors used on the ballast wires. I would prefer moisture proof endcaps on the lights. To be fair though, the moisture proof caps come with the 36 and 55 watt kits so it's probably just a matter of time before they are included with the 96w kits. The splice connectors are prone to corrosion and I suggest, if you use them, that you securely tape them with a good grade of electrical tape (I use 3M). Anyway, here's the pics. Well, pics not uploading right now...will put them in later.
Logan J

The canopy I was using was a AGA (All Glass Aquarium) Modern Cherry. Have you looked in the DIY forum for plans?
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom