An interesting observation....can anyone relate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andos99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This might be hard for some to relate to but......I'm sure at one point, everyone here had a favorite TV show. Whether it's a reality TV show or a sitcom or whatever and you had a favorite character or several characters that you felt like you could relate to. I studied this in a phscyhe class once, I forget what you call this "relationship", but I guess it's especially true with reality television characters as they appear more "real" or easier to relate to. I'm just using this as an example for my point.

I've only been a member of this forum for about two months now, but I'm on it everyday.....reading things, posting, asking questions, etc. What's funny is that I see the same (approx 15-20) people here everyday along with me feeding the AA addiction. :lol: (Jchillin, GreenMagi, AshleyNicole, TankGirl, Rev, krap101, and so many more), but you all know who I'm talking about.

I guess my point is, even though we are here to talk about our hobby or just pass the time, I feel like I've gotten to know alot of you, even if it's just through this forum. I can expect some people to be funny, some take it more serious, some with no clue! I almost feel like I'm in tune with most of your tanks and I like to log on just to see what the "regulars" have to say today. After re-reading all this I guess I don't really have a point, it's more or less an observation. Am I crazy or can any of you relate?

lol. i know what ya mean. i never thought of it that way though. plus im too young to take ?phscyhe? class lol. psicology or whater. i think thats what you mean.

I can relate too! I've said before that logging on here is like catching up with friends. Whenever I recently met some members in Baltimore, it was weird (or maybe not!) that even though we were meeting in person for the first time, it really did feel like we already knew one another!

Three years ago, if you told me that I would interact daily with a group of people on the internet to discuss aquariums AND that I would take care of one of those people's fish for a week AND that I would drive five hours to meet some of them...I'd have called you crazy! :D

well when i was little, my best friend moved to new york. it was one of my misunderstandings that new york was the same as florida.. so when we took a trip to florida i started crying because i wanted to see him. but lol. its on the other side of the us (vertically). but i was willing to go all the way :). plus i wouldnt think id be refreshing every 10 secs to see if anybody posted lol

Phew! I'm glad it's not just me! My email used to be the first thing I checked when I got home from work, but now I find myself logging on here first to see what's going on. :oops:

It is very true! I'll echo Deb and say that meeting members in person is great because you really do slip right into coversation as if you had met before, since you already pretty much "know" these people. You learn about their tanks, their personal tragedies and triumphs, and you have a good idea what kind of person they are. It is a very cool, modern phenomenon and it brings a lot to my life to be a part of it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom