Anyone else find it difficult not to spend money in a pet shop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol
I'm going to my firends party on Sunday and theres a pet shop right next door (Groan) But my excuse is that my Bronze cory needs a friend lol which is true!

Hahaha, I love these responses. Especially this one by Fastfossil:
we stopped at the LFS and these two male guppies jumped into a bag filled with water and the bag fell in my car.
Anyways, I absolutely love going to the pet store because I enjoy looking at all the cute animals there :)
I ALWAYS have the extreme urge to buy something nice for my tank, but I physically can't because I don't have the money right now. See, the deal in my family is that I can have pets but I need to pay for them and their supplies because they're my responsibility. So, I've pretty much spent all my money on fish recently and can't buy cool stuff from the LFS anymore :(
Sure, my Dad will help out if it's something necessary like food or water conditioner, but if I don't have the money and want to buy something "that I don't need right now" it's not gonna happen.

I don't get allowance and Christmas is kinda far away! :(
Haha so yeah I love going to the pet store but I can't really have ASMIPS right now.

Aw that sucks
But me too. I can only buy what i can myself. So i have been doing alot of jobs around the house.
I get Pocket Money but my Dad is one of the strictest people you will ever find to do with money here is an example
Me "Dad can i please takee $10 out?"
Dad"Why?"
Me" Becuase i need some more gravel for my tank""
Dad "Oh well no."
Me "What why not?"
Dad "Because your just burning a hole in your pocket."
Me "But i need this and i have like $500"
Dad "Well why dont you just go down to the creek and get some!"
Me "Bu dad that stuff could have parasites and bad stuff for my fish tank you never know."
Dad "Look its not going to happen."
Me "Fine"

Hi, Jamie! :lol: Welcome to AA... A. (Aquarium Addicts Anonymous)

I actually do not suffer from ASMIPS. I spend a lot of time thinking before I purchase something, and I shop around to compare all the different products. By the time I want to buy something, I know exactly what I want, and nothing else is good enough :lol:

That's why the only stuff I've bought from my pet store is fish, medicine, and Prime. Any equipment, plants, or inverts I buy online.

I will go into a pet store to look if I've got a few minutes, though :D

Back
Top Bottom