canister doesn't fit in stand. Help me hide it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marie74

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gallon fish tank stand that does not fit a canister filter under. It has a shelf and braces in the way.

So.. if you can't hide a canister in your stand, what are some creative ways to hide it? I'm thinking maybe a cart or small end table beside the tank?

If you have something that works can you show me a pic of how you have it set up?

I'll spare you the scrolling:
UPWGHq1.jpg

That is pretty clever!
My tank is in the downstairs family room- also known as the "nerd cave" (They are both comic book/star wars "nerds") Where my 14 and 11 year old boys hang out. I think they would probably forget and throw trash on top of it. :lol:

I'd cut the shelf out of the way. Make that baby fit right where you want it to. There should be nothing to even remotely draw attention from the centerpiece

I'd cut the shelf out of the way. Make that baby fit right where you want it to. There should be nothing to even remotely draw attention from the centerpiece

In my case, the shelf was cut, however, the interior front to back distance is less than the dimensions of the canister. The cabinet has sliding doors and they won't slide with the canister in there. I'm choices were a new cabinet (build or buy) or this $25 option.
Not too concerned about drawing attention from the centerpiece.

Back
Top Bottom